Sunday 21 March 2010

Spring 2010: Fashion Trends

Many trends are popping up for this spring. Some are new trends and others are old trends that are coming back to life. Either way, not everyone will always like every trend out there. Here are the latest spring 2010 fashion trends, where they’re available, and my personal input on them!

Hot Pants

Designer:
Balmain


Marc Jacobs

Affordable:

Topshop


H&M


Hot pants are back just in time for spring. I don’t know how comfortable I would personally be wearing them out, but I know I love them and need to find the courage to do so. They’re cute, and can be matched differently for different styles. I especially like the high-waist hot pants.


Overalls and Jumpsuits

Designer:
Roberto Cavalli


Karl Lagerfeld

Affordable:

River Island


Topshop


I don’t mind the overalls too much, I think some of them are quite cute and I’m on the lookout to buy some myself. The jumpsuits, on the other hand, I am not too pleased about. They were very in during spring/summer 2009, and I was hoping they would stay there, but I guess someone feels that the world hasn’t gotten enough of them yet.

Patterned Pants

Designer:
Roberto Cavalli


Givenchy

Affordable:

H&M


Topshop

Busy, patterned pants are in, and I am still undecided as to whether I like them or not. They’re definitely interesting and could be pulled off as long as the top isn’t as busy as the pants are. Also, they’re very colourful, which is a great way to slip into the springtime. I guess they’re just something that you need to get used to before attempting to show them off.

Blazers

Designer:
Charlotte Ronson


Elie Tahari

Affordable:

River Island


Topshop


Luckily (for me) blazers are still in! Light blazers in pastel colours work perfectly this spring. I am a big fan of blazers; they’re perfect for dressing up any outfit. Tip: match your blazer with a cute pair of shorts and pearls for a more feminine look.

Look out for more spring trends, coming soon.

No comments: