Friday 26 March 2010

Flashback!

Looking through your parents’ pictures of when they were younger would usually make you laugh, right? I know that I haven’t held back on the laughter when I saw my parents’ pictures. The only reason I was laughing is because they looked so outdated. The hair, the clothes, it was all just so old. That’s when my mother said “laugh now, but next season this will probably come back in fashion”, and she’s right! It seems that every time I’m laughing at how they used to dress back in the day, the next season came around dragging trends from the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s.

My good friend Ranya gave me the idea for this article. I am going to look at all the old trends that have come back, and compare them with their original look from the past.


1950's vs Today

Many designers are going back to the 50's for inspiration. The 3 pictures shown below are all Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton, Fall 2010.






1960's vs Today

The mod style obviously refuses to die, because I remember buying a mod dress when I was around 12 or 13. The 60's is still in the hearts of Miu Miu (first 2 pictures) and Chanel (3rd picture)








1970's vs Today

As I had mentioned in an older post, hot pants are back and very much in. They were big in the 70's, and today they're all over the runway.






No comments: