Friday 18 June 2010

McQueen Auction and a Special Beauty Post

I know that I usually only post about fashion and style, but today I am going to make an exception and talk about beauty. I went shopping for some of my essential makeup products, and realized how important they are in a girl's life! So here is my first beauty post, enjoy!!

My daily makeup consists of a thin line of eyeliner on my top eyelid, and some mascara. It's very minimal, but makes a huge difference. It's quick, easy and effective. My favorite products to use are:

Rimmel "Exaggerate" Eyeliner



First off, liquid eyeliner is always the way to go. When I first started experimenting with makeup, I was far too scared to try liquid liner, and so always stuck to pencil eyeliners. Once I got over my fear and tried it, I instantly appreciated the difference that liquid liner makes. I like Rimmel's "Exaggerate" because it's a very rich and dark black, which means you don't have to double layer it for the full effect. Also, it stays on all day, an re-application is hardly ever needed (unless you've gotten water on it and wiped your eyes like crazy). It's no waterproof, but usually doesn't run in water unless you really wipe where the eyeliner is.

Bourjois "Volume Glamour - Ultra Black" Mascara



I have tried dozens of different brands for mascaras that really give your eyelashes volume. Most of them worked, but I ended up with very clumpy eyelashes instead of just full-looking ones. Bourjois was the answer to my prayers! The second you apply the mascara, you can see the difference with your eyelashes, and it doesn't clump at all. I really do recommend this mascara.


Now that the everyday makeup products have been covered, every girl knows that she has evening makeup essentials. It's always great to try out different things with makeup, but we all have our signature look for times when we're in a rush or are drawing a creative blank when it comes to makeup. Here are some of the products that I could never live without:

Boots No. 7 "Stay Perfect" Base



No one should ever apply eyeshadow without applying a base first. This base by Boots No. 7 is by far the best that I've tried. With this base, not only does your eyeshadow stay perfect all night long, but you can even fall asleep and wake up with your makeup looking perfect. It really does live up to it's name, trust me there have been too many times where I've fallen asleep with my makeup on, and it still looks perfect in the morning.

M.A.C "Select" Cover-Up



Everyone wants to go out and have fun after a long, tiring day. No one wants to do so with bags under their eyes. All you need is a dot of this cover up on anything from bags to pimples, and they disappear like magic. I hate the cover-ups that look too white after they're applied, and this one does just the opposite, it blends into your skin perfectly. However, for the best results, you need to use this next product on top of it.

M.A.C "Studio Fix" Powder



I don't usually like powder that you apply to your entire face, but this one is so light that it doesn't even look like you have anything on. I like to apply the powder to my face, and then with a tissue very lightly wipe off the excess in order to maintain a very natural look, while at the same time giving me a clear complexion. It's also great for nights where you're planning to be taking a lot of pictures, because as human beings we have natural oils on our faces that sometimes show in photos, but this "Studio Fix" powder is here to prevent exactly that!

Make Up Forever "Star Powder" Eyeshadow



I bought this eyeshadow 3 years ago because the sales woman was very convincing, I wasn't really interested in it. 3 years later and I'm still using this eyeshadow. It's loose powder eyeshadow and it is amazingly vibrant. It's shimmer really does give it a "stardust" feel. My favorite shade is "Pearl Gold", it manages to go with everything that I wear. Definitely a great buy.

M.A.C "Black Tied" Eyeshadow



I love this eyeshadow because when applied it looks very black, as opposed to the sad grey that a lot of eyeshadows turn into 3 hours after being applied. Also, it has a very pretty shimmer to it, making it stand out more than the boring matte black eyeshadow shades.

M.A.C. "White Frost" Eyeshadow



This eyeshadow is the perfect final touch, just dab a little bit of it under the arc of your eyebrows, and you're ready to go out. It's a beautiful colour, it's very subtle but very effective in highlighting your eyes.


In other news, a few McQueen pieces are going to be auctioned off on the 30th of June. Here are two dresses that are going to be part of the auction:



For more information about this auction, visit Bonhams.



"British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerce, thus generating a constant flow of new ideas whilst drawing in British heritage." - Alexander McQueen

5 comments:

Darine said...

Hi Lama,

Wanted to ask if Boots sell in Lebanon and were can I find it.

Also re-eye liner. I still prefer a pen eye-liner, but earlier, I could not find a very good one which was durable and gave the right effect. What i like about pen eye - liner, aside from application maneuverability is more control of the thickness of teh line and ability to apply it more lightly or layering over several layers for a night look. Plus an added bonus with brown pen eyeliners is that they transform in color with different shadows underneath them giving amazing combinations :)
Bisoux

valeriewfreeman said...

I always use liquid liner and I love MAC's shadows!

xoxo,
beauty and the budget

L.H. said...

Darine, I don't think they sell Boots products in Lebanon, BUT I will be on the lookout, and if I find a place that does I'll let you know.

Also, I used to use the pen eye-liners as well. They're not as dry as simple pencil eye-liners, so they work great too.

nouchaline said...

Interesting post, our daily make up and very similar.
Except I use a Rimmel powder instead of MAC, and Maybelline mascara instead of bourgeois.

xoxo
Alien
http://alienslabyrinth.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.