Monday 7 June 2010

2010 MTV Movie Awards

For those of you who don't know, the MTV Movie Awards took place last night. As always, when we have big celebrity events, we have an endless number of stars who fall victim to fashion-analysis. So here we go with some of the attendees of the 2010 MTV Movie Awards.


Katy Perry
I'm not that fond of the dress, but it's not that bad. The whole "nothing but diamonds" look is getting a little bit boring, if you ask me, because more and more celebrities are going for it, and now it's just a tad over done. The blue hair is an interesting change, and I like the way it makes her eyes pop. The one thing I absolutely HATE about this whole thing has to be her nails. Yellow should not be put on nails in the first place, and matching it with this outfit is just a horrible disaster.


Jessica Biel
She looks absolutely beautiful, as usual. At a first glance, it looks like a very simple and classy outfit: a white shirt tucked in under a black, high-waist skirt. However, when you look closer you see all the fun little quirks about the outfit. I have to say that my favorite part is the belt, it adds a little colour to the outfit while able to stay subtle.


Lindsay Lohan
Her outfit makes me feel like I'm back in the 70's, and someone had a very bad encounter with a disco ball. It's not that bad, honestly, but I don't think it's something to be worn to the MTV Movie Awards, it's more like something you would save for Halloween. I don't really like how there's a very obvious like between the colours, I would have preferred it more if it faded from grey to white


Vanessa Hudgens
I really like this dress on her. It's very cute and feminine, it goes perfectly with her look and personality. I really like the silver on the sides and the embroidery. I can't find anything about this dress that I don't like (except for the fact that I'm not too fond of Ms. Hudgens, but the dress shouldn't suffer for that) so I'm going to leave it with a two thumbs up.



Scarlett Johansson
There is no doubt that Scarlett Johansson is absolutely stunning, and that she always dresses to impress. While this dress is simple and elegant, I'm not a fan of it on her. I feel like it takes away from her height. The dress makes her look like she's being cut off at the knee. Conclusion: the dress and Johansson are both stunning, but separately.


Christina Aguilera
The chains are interesting, and the top of the dress is beautiful. It's the bottom that's bothering me. It's not the style, I really like dresses that are short at the front and long at the bottom, it's the material of the skirt. I don't like how it's shiny, and at some parts multi-coloured. Great top, horrible bottom. But the shoes are great!


Those were the most interesting dresses that I've seen so far, if I come across any more, I'll be sure to post them!

Pictures from: thisis50.com


Fashion is not frivolous. It is a part of being alive today. - Mary Quant

2 comments:

NĂ¡dia said...

Nothing too exciting, imo! Christina's dress is WTF? haha... ;)

http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

valeriewfreeman said...

I also did a post on the MTV Movie awards! Vote for best dressed at Beauty and the Budget! Jessica Biel was my fav!