Friday 29 October 2010

The Slaughterhouse - Review

All week I've been hearing just about everyone talking about the Halloween party taking place at St. George. It was an interesting idea since the event was taking place inside the building, the DJ line-up looked great, and one of the most important things when going to events: tables were available for reservation.



I'm going to start with the things that I liked about the event to be fair. One particular DJ blew everyone away, DJ Base. His choice of music was great, it kept the crowd moving. The whole concept of the party being inside St. George was also very creative. Everything coming from behind the bar was great too, an alcohol-poisoning-free night for everyone! Also, people and their costumes, wow. There were a lot of very original costumes, everyone looked great, and they really put an effort into it.

Unfortunately for me (and a lot of other people) our table for 30 apparently didn't exist anymore, which left 30 people expecting to have a place to sit, standing on their feet. Being a girl, I can tell you that the worst part of it was that I had no where to put my things down to dance, and I was in heels so I'm paying for it right now. Also, I don't know the exact numbers, but picture a venue that would clearly only fit 800 people, and now put in about 1,200 people. It was hot and there was barely any room to breathe (let alone dance). Thank God for the long hallway leading to the bathroom, because that's where we ended up going for air.

All in all: great location, good music, amazing crowd, but disappointing organization and a waste of music since there was barely room to dance. I don't think I'm going near an event with the same organizers in the future, sadly.

No comments: