Sunday 22 August 2010

Pre-Shopping Surprises

In yesterday's post I mentioned that I wasn't going shopping, this is because I had a little high school reunion with a bunch of my friends. It was great seeing everyone and catching up with them. It's crazy to see how much we've all changed and grown since then.

We ate at a Lebanese restaurant in Marina Mall called Ayyame.



The food was pretty good, and so was the whole atmosphere, so all in all it was a good night. I can't wait for the next gathering we have!

As I promised, just because I didn't go to a mall with the purpose of shopping or window shopping, does not mean that I don't have anything fashion related to show you all!

My mother and I have a system, due to the fact that I don't really shop that much in Beirut, every time she finds a nice piece here in Kuwait, she'll pick it up for me. Which means that every time I come back here, I always get little surprises when she shows me what she bought me. There are only 4 pieces, but I love them, so here they are:


Jacket from Express


Top from River Island



Sweater from Express



Top from River Island


Also, I finally bought a new laptop. I was initially thinking of buying myself an iPad, but after asking about 4 iPad owners what they thought about their iPads, and their reactions didn't really fit the specifications that I was looking for. It seemed like the iPad was more for entertainment than anything else, and what I needed wa a computer! So I decided to get myself a VAIO W-Series. It was a huge change from my Toshiba satellite. The first change was going from a 15.4" screen to a 10.1" screen. I bought a mini on purpose, because I wanted a laptop that I could easily slip into my purse, case and all. Let's be honest here, I'm already short, I don't need something that feels like a 5kg laptop weighing down on my shoulders (the VAIO is only 1kg). So this will be the last post I write on my Toshiba, it's been going strong since 2007, but it's time to go now.

Bye bye, Satellite.


Hello, VAIO.


That's all for today! I'm hitting 360 Mall tonight for some window shopping. I've been put on a one week ban because I've apparently spent too much so far. But I will never fail with bringing you all some fashionable news.

No comments: