Friday 20 August 2010

The 3 C's: Coffee, Clothes, & Cheese

Yesterday I hit mall #3: Al-Fanar Mall.

Sorry about the blurry picture, I had to take this while crossing the street!


I decided to break my "shopping to coffee" routine and start with the coffee this time. So I grabbed something at Le Notre. It's got a really nice seating area, but the coffee wasn't all that great in all honesty.



I did go to the mall in the evening, but this mall is an exception because it's almost never crowded. It was actually quite nice. I checked out Topshop and River Island, and while they had some pretty cool pieces, the material was always a disappointment. I tried on gorgeous dresses which were either completely see-through or just looked plain cheap because of the material.

Before my disappointment could hit rock bottom, I made my way across the street to H&M. While I didn't find everything I wanted from the H&M in Marina Mall, I did manage to pick up a couple of pieces for the upcoming seasons.


I got home at around 12:30am, and that's when I got the news that my mother and sister were hungry, and it was up to me to satisfy that hunger with a quick and light dish.

I'm not all too familiar with the kitchen to be honest, but I did make a promise to myself that I would become more acquainted with cooking this holiday. So I took my ass into the kitchen, and looked around to see what I could whip up in 5 minutes or less.

I found a bag of Mozzarella cheese, and a tub of fresh basil, and decided: Mozzarella salad! It was the only thing I could think of that would be done before hunger started to turn into irritation (and I'm talking about my own hunger as well!).

It was actually pretty good!! Now the presentation in the picture isn't that great, because I just chopped everything up really quickly and put it together. But since it came out tasting really good, I'm going to prepare it again sometime with a more decent presentation. All you need for the salad is: Mozzarella cheese, basil, fresh ground black pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.






It's a perfect midnight snack for those who are fasting as well, because you don't really need to add salt, and therefore you won't wake up dying of thirst the next day. Have it with a piece of slightly toasted olive bread on the side, and you're good to go.


And now, the clothes from H&M!!!


I don't know why, but ruffled shirts are constantly grabbing my attention these days.

A more classic shirt, but still ruffled at the collar!


And again with the ruffles, haha. In all honesty though, it was the colour that drew me to this piece.


I bought a leather jacket for when the weather starts to turn a little bit windy. The scarf was bought because I normally cannot stand leopard print anything, but I really wanted to try it out, so I decided to start small.


This leather skirt is beautiful when worn, everyone should own one! Oh and to my big-booty girls out there, don't be alarmed when your regular size of this skirt feels too small, it's leather and we need breathing space. So pick up a bigger size feeling guilt free, God knows I did, because we're lucky enough to have some junk back there (and the good kind of junk!).


These rings came together as a set. They're really cute, and you can always mix and match with them which is great.


That's all I've got for now. I'm off to Marina Mall, this time while the sun's up so that I don't have to force my way through the mall. Oh, and Happy Birthday to my sister!! Finally 15!


Remember: Size doesn't matter, as long as you know you look good, that's all that counts.

No comments: