Wednesday 3 November 2010

Shi Tayyeb w Shi 7elo - Review

The event took place in EM Chill on Mar Mekhayel Street. I got a little lost at the beginning, but finally managed to make it there. The setting was very laid back, which I really liked. The first thing you see is a buffet brought to you by Garden on a Plate. The food looked great! I couldn't have any myself because being a journalism student leaves you with very little time to enjoy certain things, and so I didn't have much time to spend there. But I did enjoy the black and white Egyptian movie they were showing, with some relaxing Arabic instrumentals playing in the background.

Then came the jewelry. The pieces were presented on stands and tables, and the designer (Zinab Chahine) was sitting behind one of the tables, busy working on a necklace for one of her customers.

Again, I was really impressed with the jewelry, and also with the designer. I got to meet Zinab, and I thought she was really sweet. She told me that her now successful business started off as a hobby, where she took a picture that interested her, put it on a chain, added some wire glasses to the man in the picture and wore it out that night. Now, she's always busy making or altering jewelry for her many customers.

She also showed me an endless number of charms and explained that she also does custom designs, so you can choose whatever charms you want and put them on a bracelet or necklace. I'm definitely going to be doing that once I have some time to pick out the charms I want. I really do suggest that you all check it out, I'm going to post the link to her Facebook page again. There are some great ready-made pieces, and the best part is that you can choose your own designs to make it one of a kind.


I forgot my camera, once again, so here's the best I could do!


Old movie projected on the wall
 Stands holding jewelry
 Jewelry I now own :)

That's all for today!

No comments: