Thursday 9 September 2010

Prepping For The Cold

It seems that every year, I seem to find a new love for a store here in Kuwait. Last year, I was in love with Forever 21. Everything that I picked up looked great. This year, it's absolutely horrible, I can't seem to find anything at all. Topshop and River Island are average so far, but the store that stole my heart this year is H&M. Which is funny, because last year it was pretty much at the bottom of my list. Honestly, when it comes to looking for everyday clothes, H&M is more than perfect at the moment.

I've got a week left here in Kuwait before I'm back to reporting on Beirut shopping. In this week I'm sure I'll be heading back down to the stores to see if any of them have any new collections and whether they're any good or not, but for now I'll show you my pre-fall/winter shopping from H&M:

I picked this sweater up because of it's colour, first of all, it's a very soft pink which I love. I also picked it up because it looked so comfortable, and it really was.

This grey sweater is perfect because I feel that it can be dressed up and dressed down. It works for both night and day, and is light enough to keep on indoors during the winter time.

Now, focusing on the bag. This is not H&M actually, it's from Aldo accessories. Why did I pick it up? Well, I would only wear a bag that small if I were going pubbing, clubbing or to a concert. And to be completely honest, I am not taking a pricey bag to any of those, because from past experiences I know that you can get alcohol stains and cigarette burns on your things because no one  is ever careful by the end of the night. Carrying this bag around is ideal because it still looks very elegant, and at the same time you won't be stressing out about it all night.

We're back to the H&M pieces now, and the thing that caught my attention about this black sweater was the fact that it came with a belt, because my favorite thing in the world is to add waist belts to my outfits, so I had to have it.

This is also a style that I love for the colder seasons. I'm not that big a fan of pants generally, so I love it when I find cute sweater-dresses that I can pair with tights. I love the colour, Camel is very in this fall/winter, and it fits beautifully.


I will definitely make a point to go back to these stores and have a final look at them before leaving. After this week is over, it's back to the fashion scene in Beirut! (Look out for some new changes)

No comments: