Monday 13 September 2010

The English Tea Lounge & 2010 VMAs

For those of you who don't know, the 2010 VMAs took place last night. Now, I promised myself not to get sucked into the best/worst dressed thing again, but after seeing Rihanna on stage, I was inspired to. You'll see why in a bit.

Before going on to the VMAs, I have to stop and talk to you all about The English Tea Lounge. I had brunch there this morning and it was absolutely amazing. True, it's location is in a mall, but you kind of forget all about that. It's in on of the secluded areas of The Avenues, and the furniture makes you feel right at home. The food was great, the coffee was great, and the music in the background added a great touch to it all! I didn't have my camera on me so bear with the phone pictures.

The couches are very cozy, it almost feels as if you're sitting in someone's living room.

I thought the menu was really cute.

You really feel like you're sitting in an English tea lounge, they have every different combination of breakfast/brunch foods that you can imagine.

The presentation of the food was really fun as well. You have finger sandwiches at the bottom, pastries in the middle, and the sweet goods at the top.

Finally, you have your mini scones.

Whoever is in Kuwait or visiting, go and try it out one morning, trust me you won't regret it.

Now, on to the VMAs, here are the celebrities, and my thoughts on their fashion picks for the event:


I haven't been keeping up with my reality shows lately, so I kind of missed the part where Audrina went that blonde, but I definitely like her better as a brunette. As for her dress, I like it, it's simple and glam, perfect for the occasion.

Another girl from The Hills, Lo Bosworth. I've always found Lo to be classy on the show, she's always got a great sense of style, and it showed last night too. Great dress, great colour, finished off with simple strappy heels. All in all, a great combination.


Oh Katy Perry, what have you done. I like the top of the dress, and the bottom of the dress.. separately. I really don't think it goes together, it looks like she's trying too hard to stand out, and it's not working for her.

I actually really like this whole outfit. She did really well with the dress, and the shoes are fabulous, I actually really want a pair now. Great picks.


I am actually loving Lady Gaga's look for the evening. She's in Alexander McQueen, and she is working it! Yes it's weird, yes it's quirky, but it's good weird and quirky. Even the spikes coming out of her head aren't making me cringe. Very nice.


I really like the top of Ciara's dress, but I feel that the dress just looks horrible the lower down you go. I was a bit iffy about the feathers at the top, and the fact that they change colours from black to brown to white just ruined it for me completely. Unlucky. Hey, she was on most people's best dressed list, just not mine.

I think this is the best that I've seen Hayley Williams. She looks all grown up in her Miu Miu dress. The dress is adorable, her hair up looks great, she just looks very mature and very natural. I love it.


Rihanna. I'm going to be very blunt about this. She looks like a bride-zilla serial killer who managed to get out of her straight jacket. Honestly that was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw her (I have a wild imagination). Her hair is crazy (and not the good crazy), the little band on her head looks like it was bought at Claires, and her outfit is just insane. Not good insane, just plain old insane. Sorry Rihanna, you made me do it. (I kinda feel like Chris Brown saying that!)



That's all for today folks, I did go shopping this morning and yesterday morning, so there will be some outfit posts soon hopefully. I'm back in Beirut on Friday, so get ready for some new additions to this blog within the next 2 weeks.


Links:
http://toofab.com
http://mtv.com

No comments: