Sunday 19 September 2010

Back In Beirut: Hamra Lovin'

Finally back in Beirut! Unfortunately This post is not going to include pictures because I keep forgetting to take my camera out with me.

I arrived on Friday and went straight to Gloria Jeans, oh how I've missed their coffee. I ended up in Ferdinand's later that night, which is one of my favorite pubs on Hamra. The music was great, as was the atmosphere, so all in all it was a great night.

Yesterday morning I had coffee at Caribou Coffee, another great place with great coffee. The weather was absolutely beautiful so I insisted on sitting outside. It was sunny with a really nice breeze. I later headed to Buttermint for Lunch, and Flow even later on at night.

Something occurred to me yesterday while sitting in Caribou, the reason why I love Hamra so much is this: It's almost like New York, but with an Arab twist to it. And I'm not talking about the architecture, I am of course talking about the fashion!

I've been seeing more and more different and funky styles walking around, which is great. I love the fact that there are a lot more people out there who are experimenting and expressing themselves more through fashion. My mission for the next few months is to stop people who I think have a unique sense of style, snap a picture of them, and share it with all of you. I don't know if they'll be open to it, or if they'll think I'm a creepy stalker, but it's worth a try.

Other than that, I will continue with my usual shopping and style updates, along with the lifestyle section of this blog (where to go and when to go there). So stay tuned Beirut, that and a lot more will be coming up soon!

It feels good to be back.

2 comments:

A Bare Truth said...

I love hamra, it's a melting-pot

Men Leather Jackets said...

Nice post Its interesting. I like it.


Leather Jackets,
Womens Leather Jackets