Tuesday 14 December 2010

Coffee Shop Series - Lina's

Before I start, this post might sound slightly negative because on the day I happened to be there, the whole place was completely unorganized. However, other comments are out of pure honesty :) Let's begin, shall we?




It's a very cozy place, and their seating is really comfortable. They have a study room in the back, which to my knowledge is a non-smoking area, but again when I was there people were smoking. I love sitting by the window because you can just sit and watch people as they pass by.

The Drinks

I am honestly not too fond of Lina's coffee. I never found an iced drink that I really liked. I do like one drink though (which is perfect for the winter!) which I think is called Cinnamon Cappuccino (the reason I'm not sure is that when I was there, they had renewed their menus and all they had was the French version, I literally had to play a guessing game with the waiter to get my drink!). The drink tastes like Christmas in a cup! They add some caramel syrup to the blend making it just perfect.

Other Pluses?

Although their coffee isn't anything out of the ordinary, their food definitely is. I guess that's their specialty, but their sandwiches are really good. I especially loved the crab sandwich with avocado.
They have Wi-Fi, but I couldn't find out more about it since when I was there they apparently didn't have any usernames and passwords to give out.
Despite the fact that I could barely read the menu, and the Wi-Fi was there yet not quite there, they did have good service. The waiter were friendly, which made the experience slightly better.

4 comments:

Mich said...

I never went to Lina's in Hamra. I find the look of it slightly depressing from the outside and not very encouraging to try out :-)

A Bare Truth said...

I have been sometimes the service good, other days not so... their salads are great too and in the winter they have soup

Danielle said...

Umm...I'm not a fan of Lina's. Not at all. The place is full of smoke, the food and drinks are over priced, and they DON'T have wifi!! There are much better places in Hamra to get a great cup of Jo at a reasonable price and not have to be subjected to the smoke and lack of internet service!

Francesca said...

hay :) i just saw your post in IFB's new blogger thread so i decided to drop by :) nice blog you have here. have a fabulous day/night!

F. (opinionslave.blogspot.com) xx